Keeping your vehicle's fuel injectors clean ensures your car, SUV, or truck continues to get you where you need to efficiently without enduring engine damage. These components deliver fuel to the engine at the right time and of the right amount to ensure optimal performance and fuel economy. They disperse the fuel through nozzles, and they can get dirty over time. And it can take as little as one filthy nozzle to compromise your car's overall performance.
What Are the Signs of Dirty Fuel Injectors?
- Lowered fuel economy - Since your injectors are directly related to fuel consumption, bad injectors can seriously bring down your MPG. If you're getting fewer miles than before per tank, you should have a professional check out your fuel system.
- Failed emissions test - When your injectors spurt out an unproportionate amount of fuel, your car ends up producing more emissions than what is deemed safe. If your vehicle fails an upcoming emissions test, it is likely a sign of clogged fuel injectors.
- Engine stalling - If your engine doesn't receive a proper air to fuel ratio, it can cause your engine to stall or hesitate.
- Rough idling - Your car may also notice negative side effects when it doesn't move. If your car sputters while idling, it means that combustion isn't happening as it should.
- Engine misfires - When your engine fails to carry out the fuel-burning process, the engine cylinders will miss a stroke, causing a loud sound. You may also experience a jerking feeling with the car as well.
- Loss in vehicle performance - If your vehicle's engine isn't being as responsive as it once was, it means that its performance has decreased. We encourage you to have your fuel injectors checked out as they could be the culprit for your loss of power.
Regular cleanings of fuel injectors will help your vehicle run better and longer in the long run. When you bring your car to our auto repair shop, our skilled technicians can quickly diagnose clogged injectors and replace them with new ones to restore your performance and fuel economy.
For fuel injector services, please call or visit Paul's Automotive today.